Taking "Theology" & "Philosophy" Classes with my little Grace...

I'm sad that I've likely missed and forgotten some of the greatest theories or queries that my little four and half year-old Grace has come up with so far. But I'm now going to seize these moments and try to record:





HER CRUSH ON JESUS (Lucky Dad! Well, at least for now...)

This morning as she enjoys her favourite egg-sandwich breakfast as always something random comes out of her mouth " I LOVE Jesus and God, they're so handsome and so STRONGGGG-GGG...!" I sat there feeling so sinful simply because her eyes can see that and mine remain somehow blind. I wanted to take an issue with that statement because this' a girl who 'attacks' people if they forget to include the Holy Spirit in their prayers. Grace's prayer so far must conclude with the famous benediction which apparently every kenyan Christian seem to have memorized:

"may the grace of our  Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all forevermore, Amen." She emphasizes a lot on the Holy Spirit and will keep you accountable if you dare forget the Holy Spirit in your prayer, I've been embarrassed and have become okay with her taking issue with that.

Anyways, I admired her crush on Jesus and God and no I didn't have time to bring up why the Holy Spirit was omitted... There was a bus coming in few minutes and I wasn't ready to listen to a sermon.

The one thing I was mostly thankful for was that at least I won't have to worry about those teenage years as this girl has criteria right and her crush isn't just limited on what she sees with these naked immortal eyes, well at least that's my 'american dream' ... 

GRACE RUSHING HER MOM AND I TO THE GRAVE... WELL TO JESUS, SOONER THAN YOU WANT... 

She has become so passionate about wanting to drive, "driving my sister and driving myself to different places," sounds to be the main motivation.

It appears that her mom and myself are the two stumbling blocks sitting between her and her dream to start to drive immediately. 
Retrieved from http://vitacollections.ca/ogscollections/2719152/data
on November 13th, 2018. 

This other sunday as I drove her and her young sister, Hope, to church, we went past the Siloam Cemetery as it's on the way to church. 




Eureka! Grace must have found  the way to our dreams! "Papa, when you and mummy die I am going to drive you to Jesus and leave there. Then, I will drive Hopie to daycare and drive myself to school. And I will be a big girl (grown up)!"
"Right, papa?!" Well, I did not know what to do with that excitement, I had a tricky road to pay attention to and this time around I even made sure I paid extra attention before Grace's 'dream' become true. 


APPARENTLY POLICIANS AND PASTORS LOOK THE SAME. NOW THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING!


During the previous municipal election campaigns, it was normal  to see various campaign posters. As this other one showed up at our door with a formal and smiling face of a
Joel Detlefsen, "Thinking about Politics as Christian"
Review Baptist Church. Retrieved on Nov. 28th, 2018,
from: https://www.riverviewbaptist.net/pastor-joels-blog
/2016/10/17/thinking-about-politics-as-a-christian
politician on it, Grace goes "Papa, is this a pastor?", "Why do you think he's pastor?" I quizzed her, "Well, he looks like a pastor to me?" This was not the first time Grace looks at a politician and thinks they are a pastor. At this point, I simply said "no, he is a politician", "But he looks like a pastor to me?" I didn't have enough time to do 'politics', so I simply say "well, I suppose he looks like a pastor." "COOL!" "No Grace, that's not cool!" I did have a time to fight at least that conclusion. "Why not papa?" "Sorry, we have to get ready to go." Poor girl, she always come up with a good debate when we have be the on the run, not that there's ever a time we are not running. 


For today, let's stop there ... (to be continued unless my time to drive ends as per Grace's dreams.)



Comments

Popular Posts