Witchcraft, Magic & Science



"Anthropology disrupts common sense and makes us reexamine our taken-for-granted assumptions"

I'm in the process of realising this fact and critique it. I was very excited when I chose Anthropology as one of the courses for my second year.But there reached a point where I was going to class waiting for the end of the course's term. Now that I've been baptized into this course, I am so loving it to the point that I'm wondering if I'm going to leave Anthropology as just an elective course or something to do with my career.I'm not sure yet...

So far I'm into an anthropological survey, finding out more about witchcraft, magic and science. I find these three as another type of religion that has been imposed on people without them realising it. Just like we have different types of Christianity or Islam, I wanna find one word that categorize those three and I'm pretty much there are more than three of them, yeah I wanna put them into one.But my main focus is on witchcraft particularly the witchcraft in the Congo where it's said to be very popular...

I feel convinced and I'm yet to find out if at all witchcraft doesn't exhists in the West and I wanna know why on earth it isn't been recognised in public here in the West. However, I'm seeing the denial of God going together with the denial of such things. On the other side, I feel like there are those who don't believe in God, but they believe or have proofs that witchcraft can be real, however they tend to just ignore that 'reality' as it poses some threats and make their world unsafe.

My survey is going to be great if I get to hear from God believers and non-believers, those indirectly/directly affected or infected by witchcraft, I want to also hear from those who solely just don't believe in witchcraft, those who solely believe in witchcraft as their religion/tradition...


If you have anything that can help my project please feel free to post your in-put on here

Comments

Yves Kalala said…
I'm seeing some pressure coming from various directions.It's intimidating somehow,sometimes feeling like quitting the whole thing...Some of these pressures are helping me to go ahead with this journey and some are telling me that it's time-wasting and risky journey I'm embarking on...It's either people mean good to discourage me from this journey or they're unknowingly stopping me from doing something that ought to be done no matter how risky the journey seems to look...I need some support.Whether I'll have some support or not, if I continue to be convinced by what pushed me into getting in this road I'm gonna walk,run,crawl,climb,swim over every obstacle that comes on the way.But if it's not the right thing or if it's,but not the right time to do it I'm ready to take a break.Whatever it is,I long never to be selfish in the things I saw and knew/know...

Popular Posts