HOPE to See You Soon, Here or Up There... Thank You



Dear volunteers,




I hope this letter finds you all well. I promise this is going to be quite a hard letter for me to write...I have said a lot of goodbyes in my life yet still I find myself not skillful enough to say goodbye. Fortunately, this is not a goodbye letter, but rather a letter to say thank you and see you soon/later.

First, I am very thankful to God and all the board members for having given me the opportunity to serve with you here at Hope Centre. I feel so humbled to have been part of this wonderful team whose one great purpose is to serve God and His people. The reward of this service is going to be with you all forever and ever. I'm writing this while looking at one of the writings we have in our office which says “Only one life, 'twill soon be past.
...
hope does not disappoint (Romans 5;5)
Only what's done for Christ will last.
As I searched for the full quote it goes;


Only one life, ’twill soon be past,
Only what’s done for Christ will last.
And when I am dying, how happy I’ll be,
If the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee.
C.T Studd


Do I need to say something more truer than that ? ...

I have enjoyed working with you all and I don't know how to best express my gratitude for the great support you have given me during the past three months. Working at Hope Centre has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I have learned a lot about God and how to serve His people. One thing I continue to learn is the fact that one of the effective ways of helping people is to be attentive to the kind of help they need, and the best way to do that is to learn to listen...I have enhanced my skill in listening while working here at Hope and this is just one of the many things I have learned from you all.

Beloved brothers and sisters, I have admired the Spirit in all of you. The Spirit that leads you all in giving your time, finances, physical and spiritual energy towards your service here at Hope. I pray that the Lord continue to guide you with this One Spirit and One accord. You will notice that each one of you has different calling. If there is something I would share as an advice is the fact that “there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit” as declared in 1 Corinthians 12: 4. I will encourage all of you to stick to the gifts God has given you and seek the Holy Spirit's guidance so that as each one of you exercises their gifts you continue to maintain the unity that the Spirit provides.

I have really enjoyed serving with you and if it's God's will for me to return someday I will surely embrace this opportunity again with a great smile. I will dearly miss each one of you including friends who walk through our doors. May God's love continue to be shown through your lives and may He alone be your reward. Once again blessings



Yours in Christ


Yves


--
Yves Kalala,
Outreach Worker, HOPE Christian Mission Centre

160 Main St. South, Suite 24, Brampton, ON L6W 2E1.
Email: hope316@rogers.com
Tel: 905 790 2273
http://www.hopecentrebrampton.webs.com

Comments

Popular Posts