HER CHALLENGES, MY CHALLENGES: The Realities of Women & the Brutal War in the D.R. Congo

If I was in the Congo I'd have titled this talk "Her Challenges, My Challenges: The Realities of my moms and sisters and the brutal war in one part of our world"

In Congo, my friend's mom is my mom...If John calls his mom "maman" I will do likewise...If fire break out at a neighbour's place or if a thief breaks in at a neighbour's place the first people they call is not 911, but the neighbours. That is to say whatever is happening at the neighbour's place concerns the other.

On that account, I will not talk about some random women nor will I not talk about a random country far away from Canada or wherever you will be watching this from, I want to share with you the challenges which my moms and sisters are going through in one part of our world, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

While the world is producing millions of electronic products(one of which, the computer, I am using now to share this subject), my moms and sisters are raped brutally every day in the DRC, home to the mineral coltan.  Coltan is a mineral resource that is used in electronic products.

To access the video presentation of the presentation I made at Nipissing University on April 5th, 2011 please go to the link provided below:



Thank you for taking the time to educate yourself about this. If you have any questions or comment please write in the comment space below and I will try to reply as soon as I can.


“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"




Comments

Popular Posts