THE ONE CHRISTMAS GIFT I HATE TO RECEIVE …



My Christmas rant...




So it’s that time of the year where gifts come in from everywhere. I have noticed that in this tradition of giving recipients usually don’t dictate what they want to receive unless they’ve been asked to do so, but one thing they can always do is to let their friends, colleagues and family know what they wouldn’t want for Christmas. I won’t be fancy with my words and will go straight to the point, the one Christmas gift I have always hated to receive and will not take it. I get furious, irritated and I feel abused emotionally when one walks to me and deliberately rob Christmas from me by throwing the ‘happy holidays’ insult.
Maybe no one has ever made it clear it clear to you how that means to some of us I will;




This fight against wishing people merry Christmas is to me being christianphobic and tomorrow you raise your banner to fight against other phobia in the name of fighting for human rights, I feel mine as a Christian are being stepped on so that you can enjoy yours. It isn’t a human right if it comes at the expense of robbing my right. The choice is simple you say Merry Christmas or say nothing at all. It is like it has always been “Mothers’ Day” until a group of people come to tell us they don’t believe in mothers and because they don’t they’d rather say “Happy Fathers’ Day” in the name of fighting for their freedom of not believing in mothers… It’s like an immigrant in Canada who believes not in Canada and walks to Canadian on Canada Day and say “Happy Congo Day” (I decided to pick on my homeland lest I offend someone)…it’s like that saint who believes not in war and walk to a veteran on Veteran’s Day and deliberately reject to say “Happy Veterans’ Day” and say something else instead, how insulting will that be!

I am not asking for you to go to the mall and empty your bank account to bring me the luxurious gift, you’ve your own beliefs or none at all, if that’ll make you rest in peace that’s fine. BUT, I wish to say I feel very insulted and abused when you bring me the ‘happy holiday’ greetings, it isn’t a greeting to me it’s an insult. Let’s share the love of the festivities and not insults. If you can’t say Merry Christmas, go to work or to school on Christmas day, remove the Christmas tree out of your house and most importantly say nothing at all to those of us who strongly believe in CHRISTmas. That’s my Christmas’ rant, hope I made myself clear on what gift I don’t want to receive.
Let me know if there’s also any other gift you wish not to receive. Merry Christmas!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OExXItDyWEY



Comments

Popular Posts