And there goes the team I'm taking with me to Brazil...

For many who know my passion they have bothered me about which team I am supporting for the World Cup. I should say I struggle to understand too how I am not very much attached to any team when it comes to the world, unfortunately to my French folks I say I will support any team, but France.

Well I had to pick a team and I decided I will be cheering for the Democratic Republic of Congo boys and here's my squad:



GOALKEEPERS

·         Steve Mandanda (Marseille, Ligue 1)

DEFENDERS
·         Vincent Kompany (Manchester City captain, Belgium)

EPL Champions' captain and captain of a team which is possibly aiming for nothing less World Cup semi-finalist...

·         Eliaquim Mangala (FC Porto, France)
·         Dedryck Boyata (Manchester City, Belgian)
·         Terence Kongolo (Feyernoord, Holland)
·         José Bosingwa (Trabzonspor, former Porto & Chelsea, Portugal)
·         Jordan Ikoko ( Paris Saint Germain, France)
·          
MIDFIELDERS
·     Blaise Matuidi (Paris St-Germain, France)
·      Rio Mavuba (Lille captain, , France)
·       Gael Kakuta (Chelsea, France)
·       Arnold Mvuemba (Olympique Lyon, France)


FORWARDS
·         Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea, Belgian)
·         Christian Benteke (Aston Villa, Belgian)
·         Michy Batchuayi (Standard Liege, Belgian Pro League)
·        Tresor Mputu ( Angola)

It is very unfortunate that I have to introduce Mputu. Mputu has not played in Europe, but he has led his former club T.P. Mazembe to become the continental giants that they are, leading them to the Club World Cup of I will start Tresor Mputu ahead of many world class footballers because this guy is world class. Dubbed the next Eto’o Mputu got a call up from Arsene Wenger for trials at Arsenal. Apart from Wenger wanting to go very cheap on this ‘Congolese treasure’ as the boy is known in Congo (Le Trésor du Congo), Mputu’s lack of discipline has played the biggest role in him not being picked in Europe, but the kid has corrected himself after his one year suspension. It took him 45 seconds after serving a year suspension to get on the score sheet…
He is walked away with both team and individual awards which speak about his class.

Coach and Manager

Yours truly, YKK...

Assistant Coach Claude Makelele   (former PSG Assistant Manager now Manager of Bastia in Ligue 1)







That my friend is my congolese final squad that I am going to take to Brazil for the World Cup. 

And I will let Laurent Dubois explain the rest of the story if not the most important story :

http://roadsandkingdoms.com/2014/afro-europe-in-the-world-cup/

Comments

Popular Posts