I WILL PRAY FOR YOU: The Christian 'Little Lie..."

I have always fallen short of this 'little lie,' and I pray I do not entertain it any longer, so should you or should I say " I will pray for you?"...

Prayer is in my opinion the most precious and greatest gift we can give when we do it with sincerity and love. But the "I will pray for you" statement has become an escape for us to run away from attending to someone's need or sometimes even another way of saying "please be quiet I don't want to listen to your problem(s)" when we interrupt a friend/stranger who is sharing their burden with us.

Let us make it a point that we mean it when we say "I will pray for you." Don't be that member of parliament who promises their constituents that s/he is going to present their petitions in parliament, but never does. Make it a point to actually pray because it's the greatest gift you can give, but also if a homeless person asks you for something that you can give maybe it is not all the time that prayer is needed, sometimes it's not them who need prayer, but you maybe the one who needs prayer to have a giving heart...And the beggar may simply be in need of the $10 dollar that's in your pocket...

Blessings! And please pray for me... as you feel led...


NB: Please I don't want to be misinterpreted as having said that we don't need to pray, but I said sometimes prayer isn't needed...

Comments

Popular Posts