" I just want that guy BACK! Are you the ONE?"






Did I ever tell you? Or did you know? The many crazy things I did when I had just fallen in love with my wife (then girlfriend)? I remember driving to North Bay and staying up until like midnight and having to drive back to Ottawa the following day at 4:00 a.m. and go about with my day at work so energetic as if I actually had a goodnight sleep the previous night. I was so much in love that those crazy wonderful first days of love would make me do things that I couldn’t do if it was not for love.  like you have this insulin to love, give, forgive, persevere, endure and just LOVE. I’m praying and

hoping to go back to that place…  I’m sure I’m not alone, you’ve been there and some of you are there (please tell us more)…

I look at those husbands back in the village who sadly are abusive to their wives; I don’t think during the first days they were like “hi beautiful, I’m in love with you. I’m going to love you the first days, but down the years I’ll be beating you up. Do you wanna go out with me?”… That sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it?... Some of these abusive spouses didn’t really know they’ll turn into what they are today and sadly it must be very painful to the abused spouse not only to go through the present pain of abuse, but also just remembering the good old sweet first crazy days of love…  One Angelique (not real name) “ what pains me the most isn’t really what he did to me the other day, but just remember how sweet of a guy he was when we had just fallen in love with each. I just want that guy back!” There was so much pain in that voice…

John (the author of Revelations) had rebuked the seven churches for doing various evil things

If you read the first three verses of Revelations Chapter 2, you’ll see how much John commends the Church in Ephesus. Of the seven churches he was to write to, he had lots of great things to talk about this Church, however in verse 4 John’s voice comes to me like the voice of that of Angelique lady I just told you about… “ I have this complaint against you. You don't love Me (Jesus) or each other as you did at first! (Revelation 2: 4, New Life Translation) If you are a new born again Christian, I don’t have to write you a book about how much in love you were with Christ and the many crazy wonderful things you did then. Remember how you almost wanted the whole world to be saved, to hear your testimony and how you took everything in prayer…Nothing has really changed! the world still remains sinful, while you're on your way to heaven, many are heading that other route, they need the passionate you to share... Christ still wants your heart to break for the things that break His… Christ misses those times with you…

With tears and so much pain, yet still in love with the guy who abandoned the way he used to love her, Angelique lamented


“…. I just want that guy [who was so crazy about me] BACK!”

Do you think Christ is also in tears about you? 


Comments

Popular Posts